Thursday, 3 November 2011

J. Cole gets a verse on Beyonce's new single Party (remix)


Seems like being pregnant isn’t enough for Beyonce, she’s been releasing records off of her album “4” simultaneously! The latest release is the song “Party”. The single is a bit different from what we’re used to from Beyonce. Featured on the song are Andre 3000 and Kanye West. It’s been a long time since we’ve heard from Andre 3000 so it was cool to have him on the track. We all know Andre’s music has always been DIFF-ER-ENT, from what the rap game is typically known for, but that didn’t stop him from creating a crazy collaboration with Beyonce. His verse caught the attention of so many listeners to the point where fans got mad about his absence in the video, instead J.Cole was featured with a new verse for the track . The public has been going wild over J.Cole’s raps so you’d think they wouldn’t mind hearing him on the remix of “Party” right? Strangely enough Beyonce fans are upset that Andre 3000 was replaced by J.Cole in the video. In my opinion Andre 3000’s verse was a lot stronger than J.Cole’s. But hear’s what J.cole had to say about this whole ordeal:   
“Do you know how many verses I did for that song? I did a version before her album even came out. I did two verses and I love those verses too but they ended up going with Andre’s verse and Andre killed it. Then she reached out to me and wanted me to get on the remix. Out of the second set I did, she picked the first one, but [I liked] my second verse–I just got to say for the record–but it was too long. I think she was looking for something shorter and more to the point. But it’s a blessing to even to be able to work with Beyonce.
                                                                     
"I’m on my defensive rapper because when you follow in Andre 3000 shoes, you’re expected to really go in, so that’s why I say that about getting defensive. But just the fact to be on the song with her and then to be shooting that video with her, being in her presence and she’s such a hardworking and incredible artist, that’s a blessing. I will never forget that day we shot the video, I’ll never forget being on that song and hopefully we get more as time goes on, so shout out to Beyonce".
Check out the video here >> http://hiphopmusic101blog.blogspot.com/p/music.html

No comments:

Post a Comment